Thursday, January 2, 2020

Acquiring New Habits

On my morning bike ride I listened to this Youtube video.   Tiny changes with Big Results.



There were some great points made that stuck with me.  His first example was how he changed his life habit of not flossing.  He brushes his teeth twice a day but never gets around to flossing even though he wants to floss.   The simple solution was to pull the floss out of the drawer and put them in a glass by his toothbrush.  He now flosses every day.

Organizing your life to do the right thing.  Moving things off my desk that keep me from writing or working.

Transitions.
There are many transitions that we go through every day.  At each transistion we can go onto a positive job or a time waster.  If you can make just a couple of better transisitons every day you will improve your life.

I started storing bottled water in the fridge right next to my 12 pack of Coke.  I now take one of my refilled waterbottles half the time instead of taking a soda.

I started storing my workout log under my mouse.

No comments: