Thursday, March 5, 2020

The full length mirror..

I had a full length mirror in my garage.  I decided it is time to get my body in shape.  Lots of little things to get rid of the layer of fat that covers my upper body.

I have moved my mirror into my workout room.  I now understand why Gyms  often have morrors lining the walls.  It is motivating to see what I want to change.

I'm 6'3" and 207 pounds as of 1/1/20.  Not terribly overweight just not nearly as fit at I would like.  As a regular cyclist my lower body is in pretty good shape but my upper body is not.

I want to build muscle, and lose flab.  The weight is not as important as getting rid of the flab. 190 without flab or 205 without flab, either are acceptable.    I have watched some Youtube videos of jump ropers that have changed their bodies and I have also seen some videos of people who have done the 50 or 100 burpees, or pushups per day challenges that have made pretty good progress.

Twenty years ago I bought a Bowflex.  Their ad said give us 3 workouts a week for 20 minutes and we will change your body in 6 weeks.  It worked for me way back then.  However I kept hurting my shoulders and kept having to lay off the machine.  Once you lay off it is hard to start again.  Needless to say the Bowflex became a dust collector.



No comments: